Renting Your Home
Monday February 27, 2017
Danielle Allen | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask for references from potential renters, especially those that will stay for a while.
- Draw up a rental agreement that defines the terms of the rental, including restrictions, liabilities and occupancy guidelines. · Request a security deposit that is to be refunded if there is no damage to your home.
- Advise Peabody Insurance Agency that you plan to rent out your home and ask about how this may affect your current coverage.
- Consider hiring a property manager to look out for your home if you are renting for a long period of time.
- Set aside a secure place in your home to store personal items, such as clothing and valuables.
- Take pictures of all areas of your home before the rental takes place in case damage occurs while you are away.
- Have you mail forwarded or held until you return.
- Provide your contact information to both the renters and your neighbors in case of an emergency.
Peabody Insurance Latest News & Blog
- 265 North Alloy,
- Fenton, Michigan 48430
- PH: (810) 629-1504
- FX: (810) 629-2822
Thanks for signing up!