Wellness Programs for Smaller Companies
Wednesday February 19, 2014“A healthier work environment means more productivity. We have great tools in our Toolbox Talks Service to help you achieve that goal.” Wendy Light | email@example.com Many companies simply do not have the resources to create a large, complex wellness program. In fact, many groups struggle just to provide health insurance for their employees. However, targeting wellness is still important for smaller companies, because wellness efforts have been proven to:
- Improve company morale and productivity.
- Reduce overall health care costs.
- Retain and attract employees.
- Ask a local hospital, non-profit organization or other health care provider to come and provide presentations to your employees on living healthy lifestyles.
- Ask your broker if your health insurance carrier offers free health risk assessments (most do).
- Create a wellness committee consisting of various employees to lead the effort. Start with simple activities, such as healthy eating days and lunchtime walks.
- Make your workplace smoke-free.
- Offer on-site flu shots for free or at a reduced cost.
- Provide healthy vending machine choices.
- Provide physical activity breaks during the day for your employees and encourage them to go outside for a quick run or walk. Encourage taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Provide educational materials about the benefits of healthy eating, exercising, not smoking and other lifestyle changes. Ask your broker about the Live Well, Work Well newsletter and series along with posters and other communications to support your efforts.
Peabody Insurance Latest News & Blogs
- 265 North Alloy,
- Fenton, Michigan 48430
- PH: (810) 629-1504
- FX: (810) 629-2822
Thanks for signing up!